Wednesday, July 17, 2024

What's Next? Challenges on the Road

I was aware that life on the road would come with its challenges, including downtimes, repairs, accidents, weather, and other unforeseen events.

 Upon my return to Colorado at the end of May, I faced transmission issues and was eventually informed that Van6ie required a new transmission. Unfortunately, the parts were back-ordered indefinitely. The Boulder dealership had already been waiting for two months to receive the transmission for an existing job. During a particularly stressful period, I found myself unprepared for the financial burden of a new transmission. Fortunately, I had an extended warranty and a creative service technician named Jeff at Boulder Chrysler Dodge Ram who assisted me in getting a new transmission for Van6ie in less than the expected time.

On June 6, I picked up Van6ie with her new transmission and we headed to King Soopers to grab supplies before heading to the mountains for a weekend of camping with a van group I'm part of.  As I was exiting the parking lot, I was hit. Van6ie had been on the road for less than two hours. I felt sick. The damage to her driver's side was low and purely cosmetic. I've submitted all the details to the insurance company and am awaiting a date to drop off the vehicle. They'll need to dismantle the interior and clear out the van. I'll need to arrange alternative accommodation for several weeks. 

The unpredictability is what makes life on the road beautiful; it's all about figuring things out on my own. Life can indeed be challenging, often resembling a complex puzzle, but I'm always searching for answers, which seem to become more accessible over time. 

With my pets, my van, and a plan, I am content.

In the past, I've dedicated more time to caring for others and have overlooked my own self-care. Truthfully, I was unsure how to care for myself or recognize my own needs. In recent weeks, I've observed a transformation in a woman I barely recognized. Her anxiety diminishes in stressful times; she understands she must rely on herself, and she flourishes in that realization. She is resilient and radiant. She has captured the interest of charming, engaging people who appreciate her presence. Invitations for bike rides, performances, and dinners fill her calendar. She's embracing her sexuality and discovering a liberation previously unknown to her.  Passersby approach her, inquiring about her lifestyle, expressing their desire to emulate the life she leads. She has a life to share and stories to tell.

In van life, exploring a variety of options is crucial, such as consulting van life forums for ideas and resources. Cool Works is also an excellent job search website, offering opportunities in National Parks, resorts, and more. It's beneficial to compile a list of desired destinations, friends to visit, favorite activities, and experiences you're looking forward to. Ultimately, select a location that matches your lifestyle.

Stay tuned! I'll be housesitting in Longmont until August. I'm planning to see Santana, Foo Fighters, and several other shows in Denver during my stay. 

I hope this message serves as inspiration for you to chase a dream you've always harbored. Thank you for making the time to check on us. Your thoughtfulness is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for checking on us!  

Angie     





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm moving to Steamboat Springs, Colorado!

  Exciting developments are on the horizon: I've secured a position at Steamboat Springs Resorts and have committed to a year-long lease...