Monday, April 1, 2024

The making of Vangie. The story of a dream come true!

 Let me tell you about the adventure of a lifetime! It all started with a dream, you know, the kind that you think is meant for someone else to do, someone who is brave and adventurous. But then I had an idea, I wrote it down, and before I knew it, I was planning my very own epic adventure.

I decided to buy a van and travel around the country, living the van life and camping wherever my heart desired. And let me tell you, the thought of wild camping and exploring new places had my heart racing with excitement

So, in May of 2023, I purchased a 2019 Ram Promaster. I spent that summer building it out, with the help of a friend, and by the end of August, Vangie (my new van, affectionately named by my friend) was ready to hit the road for her first camping trip. And boy, was it a trip to remember!

I spent several weekends and nights in front of my house, plus six whole days in New Mexico, getting to know my rig and all of her quirks. I made several adjustments to Vangie, including adding more insulation, a larger battery, and a heating and A/C unit. I even added a bug screen, a propane tank bracket, and an awning for those hot summer days. 

And the best part? I can store my SUP, snowboard, and gravel bike in a garage under my bed. Plus, Vangie has a heated floor and is equipped with solar power and an inverter for powering two solar generators with 2000wh.

So there you have it, folks - my epic adventure for getting ready to live on the road in Vangie. It's been a wild ride, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!  Stay tuned!





























Sincere thanks to Michael, my best friend. I cannot express my gratitude enough for your unwavering support and assistance in making my 
dream come true.


1 comment:

  1. How exciting, Angie ! The pics tell it all......together with your amazing narrative I can can surely live my wanderlust through your journey ! Enjoy your freedom and keep blogging for us ! Betty

    ReplyDelete

I'm moving to Steamboat Springs, Colorado!

  Exciting developments are on the horizon: I've secured a position at Steamboat Springs Resorts and have committed to a year-long lease...